Over the years, experts have told dentists to do a “chart audit” prior to purchasing a practice. Tanner Management recommends conducting a Comprehensive Practice Assessment including the following:
1. Study the Procedure Code Reports – Are you able to perform the same procedures?
2. Review Accounts Receivable – Even though you may not be purchasing the AR
3. Patient Retention – Of the new patients seen 12 months ago, how many returned to the practice?
4. Hygiene Department – Are patients being pre-appointed?
5. Treatment Acceptance – What treatments were presented, but not completed?
6. Understanding Trends in Production, Adjustments, Collections and New Patients
#DDS #dental #dentalcpa #dentaltransition #dentalpracticeduedilligence